This page will
be updated soon.
V009 as RIAA phono preamp
Though the V-009 is called "record player preamp" it will not work properly
as RIAA preamp without carrying out
the following mods:
- remove C7 (HF correction)
- remove C3 (HF correction)
- wire R6 to ground (as grid resistor)
- jump R2, directly connect C2 to the input grid (higher gain)
- bypass R15=100kOhms with 330pF capacitor (RIAA correction)
That'S all. Anyway I prefer the
V007 as RIAA preamp...
This amp has more gain and uses the cool EF804s AND has an outstanding input
transformers which is perfect for
MC cartridges. This amp is also easily convertible to a RIAA preamp:
- remove R3 (leads to 5dB more bass - if you want a subsonic filter do not
- bridge R18/C14 (get about 10dB more gain and linearize frequency response)
- use a 22k resistor instead of the gain pot
- solder a 1nF cap to the grid of the EF40 tube
- solder a 100k resistor parallelled with a 270pF cap from the connection of
Ü2 and C9 to the 1nF cap
And here we are.
You can keep